Which one come first, form follows function of function follows form?
This maybe among the regular question that come to the our mind when we design something. What can I get from Wikipedia about Form Follows Function is,
"Form follows function is a principle associated with modern architecture and industrial design in the 20th century. The principle is that the shape of a building or object should be primarily based upon its intended function or purpose."
But as for ourselve, which one come first in our mind when we want to design something? Are we thinking about the form first or the funtion? What I mean is are you thinking of the design based on the function or you design it first, then thinking of the function.
To me myself, I'll thinking off about the function first. Yes, I will design it based on the function. Because what is the point designing something then cannot be use?
But take note, doesnt mean when we want to think the function to be a guide of our design, the design will look typical. We can design whatever we want, as long the function is there.For an example, we want to design a exhibition booth, we can design it awesome, with some organic and geometric pillar, but at the end, we know that it is still a exhibition booth. That is what i mean about Form Follows Function
