Thursday, January 27, 2011

#4 Minimalist?

Im kind of person who love with minimalist, modern, and elegant kind of design. I didnt know why, Im in love with it. Whenever I go to "rich people" houses in Malaysia, I cant get why they love to use the big sofa in their big house. LOL. Maybe that is what they love but I hate it. Yes it is beautiful, but too crowdy.

Here is some examples of the great house design around the world.


We have all seen more than enough of the stacked-boxes genre of architecture. Boring, cold, uninviting, uninhabitable and so last decade. But this one, it is very lovely house.




This is the case with Casa Fez, a new house in Porto, Portugal, designed by architect Álvaro Leite Siza Vieira. The architect calls it “the work of my life” as it is a residence he created for himself. “This project and everything behind it was a huge challenge,” he told TCH. “I needed a lot of willpower and courage -- even more than when I decided to become an architect. I try sew up objectives, interests and goals. I followed an ideal and I finally achieved my dream.”





Natural light, wooden floors, unadorned windows all add up to a simplicity that resembles a gallery, museum or concert hall.Casa Fez does not pretend to be a cozy home, but is instead a statement residence that fits the owner’s’ lifestyle – and is perfect for him

Beautiful isnt it? Im wondering how much the cost to build this kind of house in our county Malaysia. Yea maybe one day I want this kind of house, InsyaAllah. :)